Maltese Chicken with Red Wine and Honey Gravy
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1whole chicken (about 4 lbs), cut into 8 pieces
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 cdry red wine
·salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Make Maltese Chicken with Red Wine and Honey Gravy
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Heat oil in heavy large deep skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet. Cover and cook until golden brown, about 15 minutes per side.
- Turn chicken skin-side up; continue to cook uncovered until cooked through, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour off excess fat from skillet. Add wine and honey. Simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.