4boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced thin
1 can(s)campbells chicken broth condensed
1/3 cfresh lemon juice ( about 1 large lemon or 2 small.)
1 1/2 Tbspdrained capers rinsed
2 tsplemon zest
1large bag frozen broccoli flowerettes
·do not salt. the broth and capers are salty enough.
How to Make Low carb Chicken Piccata
- Cook broccoli first in boiling water, drain well and keep warm. The broccoli is used as a bed for the Chicken Piccata instead of noodles or starches.
- Lightly flour chicken breasts.
- Mix together broth, capers, zest and lemon juice in separate bowl. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter to saute pan and brown chicken breasts well. Remove from pan.
- Add broth ingredients scraping up browned bit on bottom of pan. Place breasts back into pan and cook on the number 8 heat on an electric stove. You want a higher heat. Cook about 5 min until done. It will not take long to cook because the breasts are thin. Do not overcook or they will dry out. Plate the breasts and keep warm.
- Keep cooking the sauce until about half remains.
- Put cooked broccoli in bottom of large serving bowl, place chicken on top and pour sauce over it all.