Liver 'n' Pepper Saute - Vintage WEIGHT WATCHERS
Picture found on Google images.
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- diced onion
- 1 small
- garlic clove
- 10 oz
- chicken liver
- 1 medium
- bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- dry sherry (not cooking sherry), plus
- 1 tsp
- dry sherry (not cooking sherry)
- 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- ground thyme
- pepper to taste
How to Make Liver 'n' Pepper Saute - Vintage WEIGHT WATCHERS
- 1In a 10 inch skillet heat margarine until bubbly and hot. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is soft, about 2 minutes.
- 2Add livers and sauté turning occasionally until browned, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add green pepper and sherry (1 tbs plus 1 tsp total) and sauté for 1-2 minutes longer.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and let simmer.
- 5The card says to let simmer for 2 minutes. As I recall the liquids had reduced to a thicker gravy that coated the livers and pan. You may have to play with the timing of this and at some point remove the lid to allow it to cook down.