Liver 'n' Pepper Saute - Vintage WEIGHT WATCHERS
Picture found on Google images.
1/4 cdiced onion
1 smallgarlic clove
10 ozchicken liver
1 mediumbell pepper
1 Tbspdry sherry (not cooking sherry), plus
1 tspdry sherry (not cooking sherry)
1/4 cchicken broth
·pepper to taste
How to Make Liver 'n' Pepper Saute - Vintage WEIGHT WATCHERS
- In a 10 inch skillet heat margarine until bubbly and hot. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add livers and sauté turning occasionally until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add green pepper and sherry (1 tbs plus 1 tsp total) and sauté for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and let simmer.
- The card says to let simmer for 2 minutes. As I recall the liquids had reduced to a thicker gravy that coated the livers and pan. You may have to play with the timing of this and at some point remove the lid to allow it to cook down.