Light Chicken Kiev 4 servings
8 largechicken breast fillets
1 cparmesan cheese grated
5 mediumegg beaters light eggs
4 Tbspsunflower oil
2 clovegarlic crush
3/4 cunsalted butter
2 Tbspfresh parsley chopped
1/2lemon sqeezed may sub juice
How to Make Light Chicken Kiev 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees if you have over an hour of prep time to do this meal otherwise follow steps to chill then when ready you will brown and bake these.
- Place all the garlic butter and last 4 ingredients in a bowl and season well. Mash with fork and shape into two sausage shapes, use saran wrap to shape. Chill in freezer for approx 1 hour or until firm. Once chilled, slice into 8 pieces keep pretty.
- Take chicken breasts to a cutting board use appropriate sharp knife to make a deep pocket inside, one at a time. The best thing to do is find deep part cut tip in half way. Insert two slices fo chilled butter into each breast cut and press together to reseal the breast with hands. Set aside.
- Now mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan on a good sized plate, and put eggs into mixing bowl. On a second good sized plate stir the flour and paprika with a pinch of salt. THESE WILL ALL BE USED TO DIP AND COAT.
- Going from plate to plate in order put each breast coated with the flour to egg bowl to breadcrumbs, repeat so each breast has double coating. This makes it more crispy and keeps butter inside. put in the fridge for an hour before cooking or freeze for a later day.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat to about 6 to 8 on newer model ranges and fry the Kievs for approx 3 minutes on each side until gold. transfer them to a baking pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes on 375*.