Lemon Thyme Chicken
If you’re still skeptical and need a little help with reassurance, please note that my daughter is not the biggest chicken eater but.. she was BEGGING for more!
How to Make Lemon Thyme Chicken
- Grease frying pan with what you desire—butter, olive oil, cooking spray, etc. In this case, I used the olive oil cooking spray!
- Lightly salt and pepper the thawed chicken breasts and carefully lay them in the pan. Cook on medium heat.
- Let cook on each side for approx. 3-5 mins depending on the thickness of the breast. NOTE: chicken is NOT intended to be fully cooked after this step.
- Cut about 1” slit in each chicken breast and stick 1 tbsp of butter in each slit and wait for it to melt. TURN HEAT DOWN TO LOW AS YOU CONTINUE TO NEXT STEP.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
- Return heat to medium and top each breast with the lemon thyme mixture. Flip chicken breasts and top that side of the chicken breast with the lemon thyme mixture as well.
- When chicken is done, it should have some nice, browned coloring to it. Remove from heat. Garnish chicken with more fresh thyme, add your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
You can also coat your chicken with the pan drippings for an extra burst of flavor!!!