Lemon-Thyme Chicken with Sauteed Zucchini
Of course the first thing I do is look at ingredients, Do I have them? Any allergens? And what can I do to change that? Depending on the answers, determines whether I deter from the recipe and adapt it to suite our tastes.
Even with the changes I made.. This dish was fabulous!! So I just had to share!
- 3 large
- chicken breasts, (filet for 6 pieces) & tenderize
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large
- lemon zest, grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- thyme, dried
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 3 medium
- zucchini, julienned
How to Make Lemon-Thyme Chicken with Sauteed Zucchini
- 1Prepare chicken. Remove excess fat, filet, and tenderize with a meat tenderizer.
- 2Place the lemon zest and thyme in a small bowl and toss to mix well.
- 4Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, herb side down about 4 minutes. While cooking, sprinkle the remaining lemon-thyme mixture over other side of chicken. Turn and pour half the fresh juice from lemon over chicken & finish cooking until chicken is golden & cooked through. About 4 minutes.