My husband loves this!
Photo and recipe: Food Network
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small
- bunch fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 c
- white wine, (optional)
- 1 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- juice from 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- bag of fresh spinach (about 9 or 10 oz.)
How to Make Lemon-Onion Chicken
- 1Season chicken with the dried thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Put flour in shallow dish, dredge chicken in flour, then add to pan; saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and keep warm. Set aside.
- 2Add the red onion and fresh chopped thyme to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- 3In a bowl, combine white wine, chicken broth and juice of 1 lemon. Turn heat under pan to high, and deglaze with the broth mixture, scraping bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Cook until liquid starts to reduce, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and whisk in 1 1/2 tblsp. butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Meanwhile, put spinach in microwave safe dish, and add 3 tblsp. water; cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on medium-high until hot and wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Drain spinach, toss with remaining 1/2 tblsp. butter and the juice of remaining lemon, salt and pepper.
Arrange spinach on a platter, top with chicken and spoon onion, and sauce on top of chicken. Enjoy!!