1/4 csoy sauce
2 Tbsptoasted sesame oil
·juice and scrapings from a 1 inch pc. of ginger root, or about 1/4 tsp. ginger from jar
2 1/2lemons - juiced
6-8halved chicken breasts or chicken tenders (you can slice in strips for kabobs)
·toasted sesame seeds (optional)
How to Make Lemon Chicken (A Really Good Marinade)
- Mix all liquid ingredients in a gallon zip top bag. If you want, reserve some liquid for basting. Otherwise, proceed to next step.
- Add chicken pieces. Let marinate one hour in the refrigerator. Note: The longer it marinates the stronger the flavor.
- Broil or grill chicken until cooked through. You can also bake this dish.
- I also use strips of marinated chicken for kabobs; just thread on skewers with mushrooms, green peppers, pineapple chunks, - whatever floats your boat!
- To serve: Place on a serving platter, lined with lettuce leaves and a few slices of lemon. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. It makes an impressive looking dish.
- Be careful if broiling - make sure your chicken doesn't get too dry. This is when I would reserve some marinade and baste the chicken pieces while cooking.