Lemon Basil Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 pound chicken breasts (2-3 chicken breasts)
·2 tablespoons lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon
·2 tablespoons olive oil
·1 teaspoon dry basil
·1 teaspoon garlic powder
·1/2 teaspoon onion powder
·1/2 teaspoon salt
·1/4 teaspoon pepper
·1/4 teaspoon oregano
·1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
·dash of red pepper flakes (optional
How to Make Lemon Basil Chicken
- Place chicken inside a freezer bag and pound chicken thin with a meat mallet. (If you don't have a meat mallet, you can use the side of a can) Whisk marinade ingredients together and add to chicken. Marinate chicken for 4 hours up to overnight, occasionally flipping bag over.
- STOVETOP DIRECTIONS
3.Let chicken sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
4.Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- GRILLING DIRECTIONS
6.Let chicken sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting) before grilling
- Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.)
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Delicious in pasta, salad, wraps, sandwiches, pitas, etc.