Leftover Chicken Tonight
This is a mildly spicy dish as I seasoned my chicken broth using jalapeno de-seeded.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 5 chicken leg quarters. i used left over baked .deboned
- 2 small eggplants, cut length wise
- 5 large mushrooms sliced thick
- chicken broth. i seasoned mine with onions,celery,and a jalapeno
- 2 small romano tomatoes, diced
- provalone cheese slices
- mozzarella cheese
- basil, dried
- ranch seasoning
- butter, softened
- 3-4 t. flour
How to Make Leftover Chicken Tonight
- 1I made my chicken broth from the skin of the leg quarters before I baked them,Seasoned it with a jalapeno,1/2 an onion, and a celery stick. I removed everything from the broth before using... Then cooled it over night and removed the fat from the top. Wash and cut veggies length wise, except tomatoes. I used a large casserole dish. Butter bottom of dish, lay Eggplant in bottom to use as "noodle". Add chicken to the top. Add mushrooms, diced tomatoes, then lay provalone cheese on top , sprinkle with basil and ranch seasoning. Top with more eggplant .
- 2Dot top with butter. Stir into 1/2 Cup of broth 3 Tablespoons of flour and pour over to. Then add enough chicken broth to fill half way from the top.
Spray tin foil or lid then cover and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour till it like thin gravy.
- 3Makes a lovely "gravy" that thickens as it cools a bit.
Serve with salad and a biscuit !