Karla's Chicken Lasagna
This dish can easily be down sized for a smaller 8x8 dish.
1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tsponion powder
1/2 tspbasil, dried
3 cchicken broth
4 ccooked chicken ; cubed
1egg ; slightly beaten
2 ccottage cheese
1/2 tspparsley flakes
1/2 lblasagna noodles, cooked
1 pkgfreezer spinach ; thawed and drained
1/4-1/2 lbmozzarella cheese slices
1/4-1/2 lbgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Karla's Chicken Lasagna
- Make a roux with the flour by melting butter and adding flour mix until smooth , blend in salt , basil , garlic and onion powders.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil , stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and add the chopped chicken.
- mix the egg and cottage cheese and parsley together.
- Spray a 13x9x2" baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Layer the bottom of dish with 1/3 of the chicken mixture ; top with 1/2 the cooked noodles ; half the cottage cheese mixture ; half the spinach and half the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers ; ending with the last of the chicken mixture.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake @ 375° for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares.