Italian Chicken Packages
These have a terrific flavor and make for a wonderful presentation. Try them at your next dinner party for something a little bit different.
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!]
- olive oil, extra virgin
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese
- 3 c
- zucchini, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Italian Chicken Packages
- 1Cut six pieces of foil large enough for one chicken breast and vegetables. Brush foil with olive oil. Set aside.
- 2Divide vegetables evenly between pieces of foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Chop basil and scatter on top of vegetables.
- 3With sharp knife cut the chicken breast at regular intervals. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese in each cut of chicken.
- 4Wrap the foil to close the chicken and vegetables tucking in the ends. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 400 oven for 30 minutes.
- 5To serve unwrap package and accompany with wild rice.