2-3 tspolive oil, light
2 mediumchicken breasts, boneless and skinless, thin sliced
1/2 cwhite mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cunsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
2 Tbspdark rum
1/4 cchicken broth, low-fat
1/2 cscallions, sliced
2 Tbspmacadamia nuts, chopped
How to Make Island Chicken
- In a medium nonstick skillet heat oil;
add chicken and cook over high heat until golden, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- In same skillet cook mushrooms over medium-high heat, stirring, until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple and stir to combine; stir in rum.
- Stir in broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; return chicken to skillet and coat with mushroom-pineapple mixture.
- Stir in green onions and nuts and cook until thoroughly heated, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with a side of brown rice or couscous.