Hump Day Chicken Breast Variations Galore
Thus one of my first friends I made, a true Italian Brooklyn Girl with enough hair spray on her hair to set off 10 bond fires and 5 BBQ said I am going to teach you what you should have learned to cook. See because I was born in LA LA Land, being Italian didn't count for beans.
She said if you buy chicken on the bone, skinless, and all the variations after working a 12 hour day you want quick cooking good flavor and health!
Thus I could bake and I could cook multiple countries cuisine, but she was right I was an Italian who didn't know the 1/2 of what wonderful recipes came from Northern Italy where my family was from. I have been home in LA since 1990 and we still talk, but email and Facebook made the communication more frequent and the cost went down so much we actually see each other every couple of years. Our kids are graduating high school this year. She has already had 2 graduate and 1 graduate college. They got started before us.
- 4 to 6
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 Tbsp
- minced garlic or chopped garlic or mince 6 cloves
- 2 Tbsp
- jam or preserve of choice: raspberry, apricot, peach, orange marmalade, lemon curd, cranberry, fig
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- a little salt and pepper-go easy on the salt
- dried herbs - choose or use all together-oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, or what you like.
- skillet, spray bottle, 2 bowls, cutting board, large sharp knife, and measuring spoons.
How to Make Hump Day Chicken Breast Variations Galore
- 1Place large skillet on burner on the stove top and add 1 tbsp of butter, the garlic, the jam/preserve of choice, and turn the heat to low to medium. All of the items will melt and melt together. Stir occasionally, but make sure it doesn't burn.
- 2The chicken breasts preparation is next. Rinse chicken breasts pat the excess water off of them. Take two bowls out with which the chicken breast can be dipped in easily. One bowl fill with 1/2 cup or so of flour and add dry herbs to flour. Next take the 2nd bowl and beat 1 egg 2 tablespoons of water.
- 3Separate each full breast into 2 separate breasts unless they came that way. Take one breast at a time and butterfly them. Look at the breast and determine which side is the thicker side. The breast is flat on the cutting board. Hold your knife with the edge of the knife flat to the cutting board with the sharp side of the knife on the thinner edge of the chicken breast in the middle of the breast. You will be cutting parallel to the board thus slicing the breast horizontally in the middle . Once all the breasts are butterflied dip one at a time in butter then drench in the flour mixture.This will serve to seal the juices into the chicken as it cooks. Be sure to then shake off the excess flour and when all are place them in the skillet pan and cook on each side approximately 5 minutes on each side until there is no pink.
- 4Serve with a vegetable and potatoes or rice or pasta. A yummy great dish.