Hotcha Barbecue Potatoes and Carrots
4 cthin sliced potatoes
1 cbias-sliced carrots
1/2 cchopped celery or 1/2 tsp. celery
1/2 cchopped onion or 2t. dehydrated onion flakes
1/2 cshredded sharp cheddar, optional
1/4 cchili sauce
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1/2 tspgarlic granules or garlic powder
1/8-1/4 tspcayenne, to taste or bottled hot sauce
1-2 cmilk or chicken stock
·bottled barbecue sauce, optional garnish
How to Make Hotcha Barbecue Potatoes and Carrots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub and slice potatoes -- you can peel or not, as you wish.
Scrub and slice carrots, or use frozen carrots that have been thawed.
Clean and chop celery and onion.
- Place all the prepared vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to vegetables, and toss to coat evenly.
If you're using cheese, toss it in now.
- Prepare a 3 qt. baking dish with food release spray, coating thoroughly.
Turn the coated vegetable mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce over the vegetables in the casserole dish.
Cover and bake about 1 1/4 hour.
Remove cover, garnish, if desired, with bottled barbecue sauce, and bake,uncovered, 15 minutes more.
Results are best if you allow it to rest a few minutes before serving.
- To add chicken: Place chicken thighs in the bottom of the baking dish -- if I'm using chicken I use a deep 9x13 pan. Layer the prepared vegetable mixture on top the chicken. Then pour the sauce over all. You might want to make a little more sauce if you're using chicken, or just layer a little of the bottled barbecue sauce over the chicken pcs before you layer on the veg. Proceed as directed. Plan extra time for baking, just in case, especially if you're using frozen chicken.
- **We're gluten intolerant, so I use gf flour