Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts with Apple Slices
3-4large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1large apple, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cminced green onion
1 1/2-2 cchicken broth (reserved from chicken breasts)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts with Apple Slices
- Begin by rinsing chicken breasts and slicing them into halves (this results in 6-8 servings).
- Then, in large saucepan, boil chicken breasts until meat is no longer pink.
- While chicken is cooking, mince green onion and set aside, reserving 2 teaspoons for garnish.
- Next, mix honey and mustard thoroughly in a mixing bowl and stir in green onion.
- When chicken is cooked thoroughly, extract 1 1/2-2 cups broth from saucepan and mix with honey mustard mixture in bowl to prepare a sauce. Stir in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch until absorbed completely sauce is smooth; cook mixture in a small saucepan over low heat until thickened. Slowly add additional teaspoon of cornstarch only if needed.
- Then, pour a small amount of sauce over bottom of prepared glass baking dish (11" X 7" or 9" square)to coat. Arrange split chicken breasts over this sauce in dish. Add remainder of honey mustard sauce, covering the chicken.
- Thinly slice apple into 12-16 slices. Arrange slices between chicken breasts, also coating with sauce. Sprinkle reserved minced green onion over top as garnish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes. Sauce will thicken more during baking.
- Allow to sit about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve chicken warm. A small ladle can be used for apples and sauce. Remaining servings refrigerate well for 1-2 days.