Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts with Apple Slices
- large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- large apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- minced green onion
- 1 1/2-2 c
- chicken broth (reserved from chicken breasts)
- 2-3 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts with Apple Slices
- 1Begin by rinsing chicken breasts and slicing them into halves (this results in 6-8 servings).
- 2Then, in large saucepan, boil chicken breasts until meat is no longer pink.
- 3While chicken is cooking, mince green onion and set aside, reserving 2 teaspoons for garnish.
- 4Next, mix honey and mustard thoroughly in a mixing bowl and stir in green onion.
- 5When chicken is cooked thoroughly, extract 1 1/2-2 cups broth from saucepan and mix with honey mustard mixture in bowl to prepare a sauce. Stir in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch until absorbed completely sauce is smooth; cook mixture in a small saucepan over low heat until thickened. Slowly add additional teaspoon of cornstarch only if needed.
- 6Then, pour a small amount of sauce over bottom of prepared glass baking dish (11" X 7" or 9" square)to coat. Arrange split chicken breasts over this sauce in dish. Add remainder of honey mustard sauce, covering the chicken.
- 7Thinly slice apple into 12-16 slices. Arrange slices between chicken breasts, also coating with sauce. Sprinkle reserved minced green onion over top as garnish.
- 8Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes. Sauce will thicken more during baking.
- 9Allow to sit about 5 minutes before serving.
- 10Serve chicken warm. A small ladle can be used for apples and sauce. Remaining servings refrigerate well for 1-2 days.