★★★★★ 1 vote5
- skin on, bone-in chicken thighs (2 1/2 lbs.)
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large
- onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 large
- cooking apples (such as cortland), cored and cut into chunks
- 1 c
- low sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 Tbsp
- honey mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1-2 Tbsp
- roughly chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Honey-Mustard Chicken and Apples
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add the chicken, skin side down, and cook until golden, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes, then transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 2 T. of the drippings.
- 2Add the onion and apples to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Mix the broth with the mustard, then add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Arrange the chicken, skin side up, in the skillet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- 3Mix the butter and flour to form a paste. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken, apples and onion to plated. Bring the pan juices to a simmer, whisk in about half of the butter-flour mixture and boil to thicken, 2 minutes. Continue to cook. adding more of the butter-flour mixture as needed to make a slightly thick gravy. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with parsley.