I think adding a can of cream of mushroom, chicken, or celery soup would be delicious, too, but I have never done it.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 or 2whole chicken(s), cut up
1large onion, chopped
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes
1 can(s)black olives
1 can(s)salted mixed nuts
1/2 chulled sunflower seeds
How to Make Holly's Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop onion, distribute evenly in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of onion in pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, including any liquids desired. I usually reserve the liquid from the mushrooms and the olives to add if needed, and use the entire can of stewed or whole canned tomatoes. Break up the tomatoes if using whole canned.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour or until tender. Take the foil off for the last 15-20 minutes to brown. Add more liquid if needed (usually not necessary).
- Remove from oven, let sit 5-10 minutes and serve. I like this with sides of Dee's Barley and a root veggie like carrots or parsnips.