Herbed Chicken and Squash
4bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lb)
1 tspsalt, divided
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper, divided
1 lbpeeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
2 tspcanola or olive oil, divided
3/4 lbcipollini or sweet onions, halved if large
3 tspbalsamic vinegar, divided
·vegetable oil cooking spray
2 Tbspapricot preserves
2 tspdijon mustard
2 tspchopped ginger
1 clovegarlic, chopped
1 Tbspof chop rosemary
How to Make Herbed Chicken and Squash
- Position rack in lower third of oven; heat oven to 400°. Season chicken with 1 tbsp chopped rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- In a bowl, toss squash with 1 tsp oil. In a second bowl, toss onions with 2 tsp vinegar and remaining 1 tsp oil.
- Coat a rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on pan bone side up; spread squash and onion in a single layer around chicken.
- Sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1 tbsp chopped rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper; roast 15 minutes.
- In second bowl, combine preserves, mustard, ginger, garlic and remaining 1 tsp vinegar.
- Flip chicken and brush with apricot-mustard sauce.
- Turn veggies; roast until chicken's internal temperature reaches 165°, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Divide chicken and veggies among 4 plates; garnish each with a sprig of rosemary.
- THE SKINNY
362 calories per serving. Now that's GREAT!!!