Herbed Chicken and Squash
- bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1 tsp
- salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb
- peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
- 2 tsp
- canola or olive oil, divided
- 3/4 lb
- cipollini or sweet onions, halved if large
- 3 tsp
- balsamic vinegar, divided
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp
- apricot preserves
- 2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 2 tsp
- chopped ginger
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- of chop rosemary
How to Make Herbed Chicken and Squash
- 1Position rack in lower third of oven; heat oven to 400°. Season chicken with 1 tbsp chopped rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- 2In a bowl, toss squash with 1 tsp oil. In a second bowl, toss onions with 2 tsp vinegar and remaining 1 tsp oil.
- 3Coat a rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray.
- 4Place chicken on pan bone side up; spread squash and onion in a single layer around chicken.
- 5Sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1 tbsp chopped rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper; roast 15 minutes.
- 6In second bowl, combine preserves, mustard, ginger, garlic and remaining 1 tsp vinegar.
- 7Flip chicken and brush with apricot-mustard sauce.
- 8Turn veggies; roast until chicken's internal temperature reaches 165°, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 9Divide chicken and veggies among 4 plates; garnish each with a sprig of rosemary.
- 10THE SKINNY
362 calories per serving. Now that's GREAT!!!