Heartwarming Chicken Stew with Vegetables
2 lbskinless, boneless chicken breast – about 3 one-half breasts) – trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 largeonion, diced
4 largecarrots, peeled & cut into 1 inch pieces, or 20 midget carrots
2celery stalks diced
4-5new red potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes
8 ozmushrooms, cleaned and sliced -or an 8 ounce jar
1 cfrozen corn
1 cfrozen peas
1container (32 oz) chicken broth or 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
1 can(s)golden mushroom soup (don't dilute)
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup (don't dilute)
1 can(s)14 oz. stewed tomatoes (if desired))
1 tspchicken granules (or 1 bouillon cube)
1 tspcelery seed
1 tspdried rosemary (or to taste)
1/2 tspblack pepper
·kosher salt to taste
How to Make Heartwarming Chicken Stew with Vegetables
- 1. Prepare veggies:
- Boil potatoes and carrots for 10 minutes in a
medium sized sauce pan;
- Drain potatoes and carrots and set aside. Save
water and dump the peas and corn in the hot
water while preparing the chicken.
- Dice the onion and celery; set aside.
- Slice mushrooms (if fresh –or drain an 8 oz jar);
- Prepare chicken:
- Clean, trim and cut into 1 inch pieces;
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet, stir-fry the chicken
pieces in 2 T. of vegetable oil.
- Add to skillet (or Dutch oven) the celery, onions and mushrooms and sauté till transparent (just a couple of minutes).
- Stir all, so that the chicken won’t stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Adding the next to the last ingredients.
- Add Chicken broth and granules;
- Add the two cans of soup;
- Add celery seed, Rosemary, pepper and Kosher salt
- Stir well and cook uncovered over medium heat; stirring occasionally on medium heat (350 degrees).
- Putting everything together:
- 20 to 25 minutes prior to end of cooking, add peas and corn (drain them); and add potatoes and carrots (which have been boiled for 10 minutes)
- Add potato cubes and carrots stirring into chicken