- andouille sausages cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- ribs of celery diced
- small onion diced
- red bell pepper cored and seeded then diced
- chicken breast cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp
- cajun spice
- 1/2 c
- of tomato sauce
- 1 c
- bulgur wheat, uncooked
- 2 1/2 c
- chicken stock
- medium sized raw shrimp cleaned and deveined
How to Make Healthy Jambalaya
- 1First prep you vegetables, sausage and chicken according to ingredients.
Place 3 quart saucepan on a stove with medium to high heat and add the first 2 ingredients (Olive oil and sausage). Sauté about 3-5 minutes (to brown) then stir sausage with a wooden spoon briefly. Add the next 3 ingredients (celery,onion and bell pepper ) to the sausage and stir frequently for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add the next 2ingredients (chicken and cajun spice) to the 3 quart saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes stirring when necessary to brown chicken pieces.
- 2Add the next ingredient (tomato sauce) and stir 30 seconds. Add the bowl of reserved sausage and vegetables to the chicken and stir for 30 seconds. Add the next 2 ingredients ( bulgur wheat and chicken stock) and turn burner to high and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low (11) cover pan and cook for 10 minutes then add the shrimp and stir for 20 seconds and cover pan and cook a further 5 minutes.