Hard Cider Battered Chicken Strips
12 ozangry orchard hard cider apple ginger
3/4 cyellow cornmeal
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspcayenne pepper
1 largeunsplit chicken breast (whole breast)
·vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Hard Cider Battered Chicken Strips
- Combine 2 eggs with bottle of hard cider and whisk together.
- Then add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cayenne, and sugar. Whisk to combine. Let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast into thin strips. Place in bowl with batter after the batter has rested.
- In a cast iron frying pan add about 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat
- Using tongs, take strips from the bowl, letting excess batter run off, slowly place in hot oil. Put about six strips in pan. Depending on the size of your frying pan. Let brown on one side and turn over. Repeat until all strips have been cooked.