- english muffins,torn or cut into bite size pieces (4 cups)
- 2 c
- cubed cooked ham or chicken (10oz)
- 1-(10oz) pkg
- frozen cut asparagus or frozen cut broccoli,thawed and well drained,or 2 cups fresh cooked asparagus or broccoli
- 4 oz
- process swiss cheese,torn,or process gruyere cheese,cut up
- 4 large
- beaten eggs
- 1/4 c
- dairy sour cream
- 1 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon style mustard
How to Make Ham-Asparagus Strata
- 1In a greased 2 quart square baking dish spread half of the English muffin pieces.
Top with ham,asparagus,and cheese.
Top with remaining English muffin pieces.
- 2In a bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream.
Stir in milk,onion,mustard,and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper*
Pour evenly over layers in dish.
Cover and chill 2-24 hours.
- 3Bake,uncovered,in a 325 oven for 60 - 65 minutes or until internal temperature registers on an instant-read thermometer.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 4*NOTE: IF USING CHICKEN,ADD 1/4 TEASPOON SALT.