Heather Parrish Maliakal
Not only can I get my picky eater son to eat this, but my husband's co-workers ask for it whenever there is an office buffet lunch in the works!
It's great for a rainy day cuddle on the couch meal :)
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/2 call purpose flour
1 largeonion, diced
1/2 cfresh parsley, chopped
1/2 ccelery, chopped
1/2 cgreen bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cred bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cscallion, sliced
6 clovegarlic, minced
4 cchicken broth
1 tspcreole seasoning
2 lbany meats: sausage, shrimp or chicken. you can also mix them up too.
How to Make Gumbo
- In large pot combine oil and flour, cook over medium/high heat until it's very brown in color, stirring constantly
- Add onions, parsley, celery, bell peppers, scallions and garlic to pot and cook until vegetables are tender. Stir regularly
- Add broth, salt and creole seasoning.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add your chosen meat, or combination of meats, simmer until meat is cooked through.
- Serve over rice or enjoy as a stew :)