Grilled Smoked Chicken w/B B Q Sauce
Rose Mary Mogan15
Then I used items in the fridge to prevent them from spoiling as sides, since I had been out of town for a week. Overall it was a great dinner, & after packaging all those legs & thighs for the freezer it was great to spend less time over the stove cooking dinner. Parsley is from my garden
- 12 large
- pieces fresh chicken parts
- spices of your choice, i used rosemary's spice blend
- 11/2 c
- sweet baby ray's b b q sauce
- matchlight charcoal or off brand equivalent
- 9x12 aluinum disposable pan
How to Make Grilled Smoked Chicken w/B B Q Sauce
- 1Wash and trim chicken parts of excess fat. Then season with your favorite spices, garlic, onion powder, paprika, steak seasoning etc. I like to use my own special blend for meats ROSE MARY'S SPICE BLEND for MEATS
- 2This spice mixtures lasts me a very long time about 6 months, and I use it virtually on all of my meats, Beef Roasts Chops Steaks and poultry, and it really does give food a very unique tasting flavor. It makes about a half Gallon size Bag full. It is worth it in my opinion. Plus it saves time by not needing to pull out so many different spices each time you need to season various meats. Occasionally I may use just steak seasoning and garlic powder, but this is my favorite blend. You may want to create your own blend as well if you don't like mine. This way YOU CONTROL THE AMOUNT OF EACH INGREDIENT, ESPECIALLY SALT.
- 4Prepare the grill, I prefer using the indirect method of cooking by placing charcoal on both sides of the grill, then adding a pan in the middle separating the charcoal, and adding a 16 ounce bottle of water to the pan, which in turn keeps the chicken moist and tender while it is cooking. Light the charcoal and allow it to turn white before you add the chicken to the middle of the grill, DO NOT PLACE CHICKEN OVER THE CHARCOAL! Then close the lid and check chicken with a thermometer after about 45 minutes, juices should run clear, temperature should read at least 160-170- degrees F. May add sauce at this point if desired, and allow to cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes or so. It will continue to rise about 10 additional degrees after removal from grill.