GRILLED LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN KABOBS
Note the beer keeps the chicken moist.
1 lbchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1bottle guinness extra stout beer
2gallon size ziploc bag
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
·juice from 1 fresh lemon
2-3cloves garlic minced
2 Tbspchopped fresh basil
Ired pepper cut into 2 inchs pieces
1yellow pepper into 2 inchs pieces
1orange pepper into 2 inchs pieces
1red onion into 2 inchs pieces
1small container whole mushrooms
16small baby red potatoes 2-3 inches in size
·****note**** i usually get these from a farmer. you can get bigger ones and cut to 2-3 inch pieces.
How to Make GRILLED LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN KABOBS
- Place chicken in ziploc bag with beer. Let marinade for about 2-3 hours in refrigerator.
- I parboil my potatoes for 10 minutes with the peeling on. Dump hot water and replace with cool water. Let sit on stove until ready to use. LEAVE peelings on for grilling.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard beer.
- Whisk together in a small bowl olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and basil. Dump into ziploc bag. Add chicken and squish/squash the bag. Let marinade for 2-3 hours in refrigerator. Do potatoes next.
- Dump water from potatoes. Place potatoes in a ziploc bag. Add 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp salt and extra virgin olive oil 2-3 Tablespoons. Squish and squash bag. Put in refrigerator 2-3 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag and cut into 2 inch chunks.
- Skewer chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms and potatoes on kabob sticks alternating.
- Place all kabobs on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Grill for about ten minutes. Turning and be careful not to burn.