GRILLED LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN KABOBS
Note the beer keeps the chicken moist.
- 1 lb
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- bottle guinness extra stout beer
- gallon size ziploc bag
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- juice from 1 fresh lemon
- cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
- red pepper cut into 2 inchs pieces
- yellow pepper into 2 inchs pieces
- orange pepper into 2 inchs pieces
- red onion into 2 inchs pieces
- small container whole mushrooms
- small baby red potatoes 2-3 inches in size
- ****note**** i usually get these from a farmer. you can get bigger ones and cut to 2-3 inch pieces.
How to Make GRILLED LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN KABOBS
- 1Place chicken in ziploc bag with beer. Let marinade for about 2-3 hours in refrigerator.
- 2I parboil my potatoes for 10 minutes with the peeling on. Dump hot water and replace with cool water. Let sit on stove until ready to use. LEAVE peelings on for grilling.
- 3Remove chicken from bag and discard beer.
- 4Whisk together in a small bowl olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and basil. Dump into ziploc bag. Add chicken and squish/squash the bag. Let marinade for 2-3 hours in refrigerator. Do potatoes next.
- 5Dump water from potatoes. Place potatoes in a ziploc bag. Add 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp salt and extra virgin olive oil 2-3 Tablespoons. Squish and squash bag. Put in refrigerator 2-3 hours.
- 6Remove chicken from bag and cut into 2 inch chunks.
- 7Skewer chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms and potatoes on kabob sticks alternating.
- 8Place all kabobs on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to grill.
- 9Grill for about ten minutes. Turning and be careful not to burn.