Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza Rolls
It seems like it would take a long time but it really doesn't.. And you can make everything in advance so all you have to do is put the rolls together and grill when your ready to eat!
You can have fun with the ingredients and put whatever you'd like inside! Hope you enjoy!
*Some pizza dough recipes might make up to 20 little balls of dough..In that case you can use ten and freeze the rest!
- 1 lb
- around 4, chipotle-lime marinaded boneless skinless chicken breasts (recipe follows)
- red onion, sliced into rings
- bell pepper, sliced into strips
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- raspberry chipotle sauce, your favorite brand
- pizza dough, (your fav) you'll need around 10sm balls
- cotjia or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- lime juice
- 3 clove
- minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- chipotle chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
How to Make Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza Rolls
- 1Heat your grill to a medium-high heat. Grill marinaded chicken until grill marks have formed and the chicken is cooked through, about 5-8 minutes per side.
- 2Remove from heat and let rest 10 min, then slice into strips.
- 3While chicken is resting drizzle olive oil over the sliced veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spoon vegetables into a large piece of tin foil. Bring up foil sides, double fold top and ends to seal creating a foil pack.
- 4Grill 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- 5Divide your dough out so you have 10 3" round balls.(you may have extra dough depending on what recipe you use) Lightly dust with flour and cover with a kitchen towel until your ready to use.
- 6Take one ball of dough and lightly press with your fingertips to make a small circle. Next, stretch the dough gently into a long log shape about 6" in length.
- 7To put the rolls together take about a tablespoon of the raspberry chipotle sauce and spread the length of the dough. Next, take a few peppers and onions and pieces of chicken and place in the middle of the dough. Sprinkle with crumbled cheese.
- 8Wrap one side of the dough over and stick it to the opposite side. Wrap the other side over and tuck it under the roll. Careful to keep the cheese inside the roll. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- 9Lightly oil the rolls and dust them with flour or cornmeal. Place on grill and cook until grill marks form and the roll is easily moveable. Grill on all sides turning 1/4 turns until cooked through.
- 10(If your grill has a wide spread grate you may want to start with the rolls on a pizza pan on the grill to form a bottom crust and then finish them off directly on the grill)
- 11---CHIPOTLE-LIME MARINADE---
- 12Lightly pound out the chicken breasts to 1/2 " thickness. Place in a small baking dish or a large ziplock bag.
- 13In a small bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients until well combine. Pour over chicken.
- 14Cover chicken and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.