Grilled Chicken Sandwiches W/ Cilantro Lime Mayo
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This sandwich is downright scrumptious! The combo of grilled chicken, lime and taco seasoning is terrific. It will definitely be a regular on our summer menu! The Test Kitchen
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- taco seasoning
- 2/3 c
- light mayo
- 2-3 Tbsp
- cilantro, chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- limes, juiced (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced red onion
- lettuce leaves
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomato
- 8 slice
- rustic bread
How to Make Grilled Chicken Sandwiches W/ Cilantro Lime Mayo
- 1For Mayo: In a small bowl combine mayo, cilantro, garlic and 1/2 of the lime juice (more or less to taste) and salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- 2For chicken: Butterfly chicken breast by slicing throught the middle horizontally to cut almost in half. Open out flat. Brush lightly with oil, sprinkle with a pinch of taco seasoning on each side and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3For outdoor grilling: Grill over medium hot coals for about 3 minutes per side or until chicken is opaque with no trace of pink.
- 4For indoor grilling: Preheat broiler, broil 3 minutes per side or until opaque or preheat a ridged grill pan to medium heat and cook 3 minutes per side until opaque.
- 5Just before the chicken is done squirt with remaining lime juice.
- 6Lightly toast bread on the grill about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Assemble your sandwiches topped with avocado, lettuce, onion, tomato and of course the cilantro lime mayo. Enjoy!