Grilled Chicken Sandwiches W/ Cilantro Lime Mayo
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This sandwich is downright scrumptious! The combo of grilled chicken, lime and taco seasoning is terrific. It will definitely be a regular on our summer menu! The Test Kitchen
4boneless skinless chicken breasts
2/3 clight mayo
2-3 Tbspcilantro, chopped (more or less to taste)
1 clovegarlic, minced
1-2limes, juiced (more or less to taste)
·salt and pepper, to taste
·sliced red onion
8 slicerustic bread
How to Make Grilled Chicken Sandwiches W/ Cilantro Lime Mayo
- For Mayo: In a small bowl combine mayo, cilantro, garlic and 1/2 of the lime juice (more or less to taste) and salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- For chicken: Butterfly chicken breast by slicing throught the middle horizontally to cut almost in half. Open out flat. Brush lightly with oil, sprinkle with a pinch of taco seasoning on each side and salt and pepper to taste.
- For outdoor grilling: Grill over medium hot coals for about 3 minutes per side or until chicken is opaque with no trace of pink.
- For indoor grilling: Preheat broiler, broil 3 minutes per side or until opaque or preheat a ridged grill pan to medium heat and cook 3 minutes per side until opaque.
- Just before the chicken is done squirt with remaining lime juice.
- Lightly toast bread on the grill about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Assemble your sandwiches topped with avocado, lettuce, onion, tomato and of course the cilantro lime mayo. Enjoy!