Grilled Chicken Adobo
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1/3 c
- lime juice
- 6 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp
- ground red pepper (cayenne)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped fresh cilanto, optional
How to Make Grilled Chicken Adobo
- 1Combine onion, lime juice, and garlic in food processor or blender. Process until onion is finely minced.
- 2Transfer to resealable plastic food storage bag. Add oregano, cumin, thyme, and red pepper. Knead bag until well blended.
- 3Place chicken in bag; press out air and seal. Turn to coat chicken with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- 4Spray grid with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare grill for direct cooking. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- 5Place chicken on grid 3 to 4 inches from medium-hot coals. Grill 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with cilantro.
- 6Note: I have cooked this chicken on a George Forman grill as well. It tastes better over coals -- all grilled food does -- but it works either way.