Grilled Blackened Chicken
Even though this was cooked on the stove top, I think it would work just as well on an outside grill.
These 2 large pieces were more than we could eat. Would easily serve 4.
Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
2 largeboneless chicken breast
1 tsppaprika, smoked
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1/4 tspthyme, dried
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspsalt, (i used salt sense)
1/2 tsponion powder
1/2 tspblack garlic powder
1/2 tspchili powder
How to Make Grilled Blackened Chicken
- Pull chicken breast from fridge 30 minutes prior to grilling to bring to room temperture.
- Combine all seasoning and whisk; set aside.
- Trim any excess fat from chicken and then rub evenly with olive oil. Sprinkle seasoning/rub evenly over chicken; rub to cover entire pieces.
- Heat grill over medium/high heat until literally smoking. You want to hear the meat sizzle once it hits the grill.
- Place breast on grill, cover and cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Turn heat off and remove grill from heat. Leave meat in pan (covered) for abour 2 minutes and then remove to plate; cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- NOTES: 3 steps to insure a tender moist piece of chicken:
1. Remove chicken from fridge 30 minutes prior to grilling.
2. Make sure the grill is smoking hot before you place the chicken in it.
3. Let the chicken rest (covered) 10 minutes before serving.
I used a cast iron grill.