Green Chili Chicken Lasagna
1/2 galwater to cover
1 jar(s)frozen roasted green chili
2 Tbspgarlic powder
2 Tbsponion powder
5 Tbspchicken bouillon
2 Tbspitalian seasoning
1 boxlasagna noodles, no boil
1 bottle(16 oz container) cottage cheese
1 lbmonterey jack cheese
·salt to taste
How to Make Green Chili Chicken Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place chicken, water, and seasonings into a five quart cooking pot.(Reserve 2 cups of broth)
- Grate monteray jack cheese and combine with the cottage cheese and one egg.
- Defrost the roasted green chili. I use a brand called Bueno and I usually use the mild flavoring so the kids can enjoy the lasagna also but feel free to use the different heats for your dish. Drain the liguid from the green chili and put the green chili into a blender. You are going to add the 2 cups of reserved broth to the chili to make the sauce. Blend until smooth. Also add any additional salt you'd like here.
- Once chicken is finished cooking debone the chicken if needed (i use drumsticks just because i feel it is easier to use). Then shred the chicken into strips and place in a bowl. Combine green chili sauce with chicken.
- In an 8x8 baking dish laddel a little chicken sauce over the bottom. Just enough to cover the bottom. place 2 lasagna noodles side by side on top of the chicken mixture.
- Now your layers are going to be noodles, cheese mixture, chicken sauce. You should be able to make 2-3 layers in your dish. Once completed cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 mins.
Remove foil and bake an addition 10 just to crisp the top.
- Serve and enjoy.