Greek Style Broiled Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh thyme, chopped
- chicken breast halves
- cooked rice to serve
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh thyme and marjoram sprigs for garnish
- lemon peel strips for garnish
How to Make Greek Style Broiled Chicken Breasts
- 1In a shallow dish, mix together oil, lemon juice, marjoram and thyme.
- 2Prick chicken flesh with a fork. Turn chicken to coat with the marinade. Cover dish and marinade in refrigerator up to 8 hours.
- 3Preheat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade and place, skin side down, on broiler pan. Brush with marinade and broil 8-10 minutes, basting occasionally. Turn chicken and broil an additional 8-10 minutes. or until golden-brown and cooked through.
- 4Stir pan juices into the cooked warm rice, garnish with thyme, marjoram and lemon peel.