Granma's King Ranch Chicken
*You may use onion powder instead of onion, if you choose to.
1whole chicken, deboned
1 pkgtortilla chips
3/4 cfried onion
1 can(s)rotel with chilies
1 can(s)corn, drained
1 can(s)cream of chicken
1 can(s)cream of mushroom
1 Tbspchili powder
1 lbgrated cheese
·salt and pepper
How to Make Granma's King Ranch Chicken
- Boil chicken until done. (Alternatively, if you choose to use packaged chicken breast/thighs, I cut them up and add a few spices and fry them in a skillet!). Once boiled, debone and set chicken aside.
- Fry onions, and drain oil and grease. Add chicken to the pan with onions and fry for a minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except cheese. Stir and blend well.
- Add 3/4th of your cheese and mix into the rest of the mixture. It should be very thick at this point.
- Crush tortilla chips and line a 9x13 pan with them. Pour mixture over the chips and top with more crushed tortilla chips. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.