GEORGIAN CHICKEN WITH HERBS
Recipe & photo: azcookbook.com
- 2 Tbsp
- 3-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces - or - 4 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 4 medium
- onions, chopped
- 8 medium
- tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, tarragon, basil, dill)
- 1/8 tsp
- dried hot red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make GEORGIAN CHICKEN WITH HERBS
- 1In a large skillet melt the butter and brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Stir in the chopped onions and cook for 10 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally.
- 2Add the tomatoes and cook, covered, for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- 3Stir in the garlic, herbs, hot pepper, and salt and pepper. Cook, covered, 5 minutes longer
- 4Let stand 5 minutes, covered, before serving.
Try this spooned over hot buttered noodles--yum!