GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN AND NOODLES
Recipe & photo: Midwestliving.com
- 8 oz
- extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 large
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 c
- frozen peas
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 c
- whole milk or light cream
- 1/2 c
- coarse bread crumbs
- 3/4 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- snipped fresh thyme (optional)
How to Make GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN AND NOODLES
- 1In a Dutch oven, bring 6 cups salted water to boiling; add noodles. Cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2In a saucepan combine chicken, peas, garlic, and whole milk; heat through. Cover and keep warm.
- 3In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan with the melted butter.
- 4Stir noodles and remaining Parmesan into hot chicken mixture. Heat and stir until bubbly. Divide among four 16-oz. individual casserole dishes. Top each with bread crumb mixture.
- 5Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven for 5 minutes or until top begins to brown. If desired, top with fresh thyme.
- 6NOTE: may use panko bread crumbs. Combined with Parmesan, they give a unique texture to the topping.