GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN AND NOODLES
Recipe & photo: Midwestliving.com
8 ozextra-wide egg noodles
2 largeboneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cfrozen peas
4 clovegarlic, minced
1 3/4 cwhole milk or light cream
1/2 ccoarse bread crumbs
3/4 cshredded parmesan cheese
2 Tbspbutter, melted
·snipped fresh thyme (optional)
How to Make GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN AND NOODLES
- In a Dutch oven, bring 6 cups salted water to boiling; add noodles. Cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a saucepan combine chicken, peas, garlic, and whole milk; heat through. Cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan with the melted butter.
- Stir noodles and remaining Parmesan into hot chicken mixture. Heat and stir until bubbly. Divide among four 16-oz. individual casserole dishes. Top each with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven for 5 minutes or until top begins to brown. If desired, top with fresh thyme.
- NOTE: may use panko bread crumbs. Combined with Parmesan, they give a unique texture to the topping.