Five Star Chicken
1/4 call-purpose flour
1/2 tspblack pepper
44 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
1/4 c1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1/2 c1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 c1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 lb1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered
1 largetomato, chopped
1 smallonion, chopped
2 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
How to Make Five Star Chicken
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; coat chicken evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove to a platter and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce thickens and chicken is warmed through.
- If the chicken breasts are very thick, flatten them a bit by pounding with a kitchen mallet. We like to sop up the sauce with a side of our tasty Rice Pilaf!