FFEB-Family Filling Enchlada Bake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
16 ozground beef, chicken, or turkey
2 cdry white or brown rice
1 can(s)black beans
16 mediumcorn tortillas
4-6 cshreded cheese, colby, sharp cheddar, mexican mix, (your choice)
1 can(s)black olives pitted and sliced (optional)
4 cprepaired enchalda sauce
·sour cream (optional)
How to Make FFEB-Family Filling Enchlada Bake
- Crumble and pan fry ground beef or turkey.
Pan fry and chop or shred boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Cook Rice-in rice cooker or on stove, uses 2 times water to rice IE. 1 1/2 cups dry rice to 3 cups water--add extra cup of water for brown rice.
- quick fry corn tortillas in small amount of oil, fliping once. Drain on paper towles.
- when rice is done cooking mix in 1 can of drained black beans.
- Divide in half if freezing and pour rice, been mixture into 2 8X8 baking pans , or if not freezing pour all rice into a 13X9 inch baking pan.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of enchlada sauce over each small pan or 2 to 3 cups over large pan.
- Slice up canned black olives. Set asside.
- add 1 cup of enchlada sauce to cooked meet. set aside and cool
- To assemble enchladas have all ingreadience with in reach. Take one tortilla and fill with 1 to 2 TBL of meet mixture, add 1 to 2 TBL shreded cheese, and a few black olives (optional).
- Roll tortilla up to make a tube, and place in pan on top of rice mixture.
- Repeat until all meet and tortillas are used up.
- Pour 1 to 2 more cups of enchlada sauce over the assembled enchladas.
- Top with shreaded cheese and any remaining black olives (optional)
- to freeze half portion, cover pan in clear plastic wrap and then tin foil, and put in frezer.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 mins, untill cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
- Let stand for about 5 mins, after baking to let everything set up.
- Sour cream can be added to top if desired.