Fettuccine Chicken & Tomato Dinner
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A very light and colorful dinner anyone would enjoy! This is a terrific way to make something truly special (and tasty!) from common ingredients we all have on hand. The Test Kitchen
- 16 oz
- fettuccine, uncooked
- 2 large
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, diced
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- zucchini (approximately 5 in. long and 1 to 1 1/2 in. in diameter)
- yellow squash (same size as above)
- 2 can(s)
- 15.5 oz.-diced tomatoes w/ italian seasoning
- 1 tsp
- dried italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- canola oil
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Fettuccine Chicken & Tomato Dinner
- 1Prepare fettuccine per directions, cooking until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 2Cook chicken on med/high heat in non-stick skillet until done. Set aside until cool to the touch. Dice chicken into pieces.
- 3Chop onion into a large dice. Slice zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4 inch medallions (may have to cut some of the squash medallions in half on larger end).
- 4In that same large skillet over medium heat, saute onion in canola oil. When almost translucent, add zucchini and water. Add chicken, yellow squash, garlic, and dried Italian seasoning. Cook until squash and zucchini are desired tenderness. Add both cans of tomatoes and continue cooking until heated through. Add cooked fettuccine and toss to blend. Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.