Fast Family Fajitas!
- chicken breasts , sliced thin
- green bell peppers, sliced
- red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 2 c
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pkg
- mccormick fajita seasoning mix
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin- divided
- 1 tsp
- red pepper flakes (opt)
- juice of 1 lime
How to Make Fast Family Fajitas!
- 1In skillet(or grill pan), coat with 1 tbs of olive oil. Add chicken and season as desired (I use garlic/pepper seasoning) Cook chicken strips on med/high heat until light golden brown and juices run clear. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Add the other 1 tbs olive oil + 2 cloves of minced garlic to skillet. Add vegetables and red pepper flakes (this adds a little heat, but omit if you prefer)
Mix 1/2 package of McCormick's fajita seasoning with water. Pour over vegetables.
- 3Cook vegetables on med/high heat stirring occasionally until soft and all liquid has been reduced. Scrape bottom of pan while cooking. This just adds more flavor!
Add chicken back to skillet and toss to warm. Squeeze lime juice over chicken and vegetables.
Serve on warm tortillas. Garnish with pico de gallo, shredded cheese, sour cream, and fresh salsa!