Chicken Apple Sausage One-Pot Dish
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3 Tbspvegetable oil
1 largeonion, cut in half and sliced
2-3 mediumrusset potatoes, sliced thin
1 mediumhead of cabbage, cored and roughly cut
6-8links of chicken apple sausage, cut in 1/4 inch discs
·garlic salt, to taste
How to Make Chicken Apple Sausage One-Pot Dish
- In large skillet heat oil on medium-high heat. Add the onions and briefly sautee (2-3 minutes).
- Layer the potatoes on top of the onions. Sprinkle with a light layer of garlic salt.
- Once they start browning, turn down the heat to medium while you layer on top the cabbage then the sausage slices.
- Once layered cover with a lid and lower heat to medium-low. Let it continue to cook unstirred for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and check if potatoes are browned. If not, replace the lid and cook undisturbed until golden browned. When browned stir to allow some of the cabbage and sausage to rest at the bottom of the pan. Taste cabbage at this time and if needed add more garlic salt to taste. Cover and cook until cabbage is cooked or to your satisfaction, stirring occasionally.