Chicken Apple Sausage One Pot Dish
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2-3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- onion cut in half and sliced
- 2-3 medium
- russet potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 medium
- head of cabbage, cored and roughly cut
- links of chicken apple sausage, cut in 1/4 inch discs
- garlic salt to taste
How to Make Chicken Apple Sausage One Pot Dish
- 1In large skillet heat oil on medium high heat. Add the onions and briefly sautee (2-3 minutes). Layer the potatoes on top of the onions. Sprinkle with a light layer of garlic salt. Once they start browning, turn down heat to medium while you layer on top the cabbage then the sausage slices.
- 2Once layered cover with lid and lower heat to medium low. Let it continue to cook unstirred for 15 minutes. Remove lid and check if potatoes are browned. If not replace lid and cook undisturbed until golden browned. When browned stir to allow some of the cabbage and sausage to rest at the bottom of the pan. Taste cabbage at this time and if needed add more garlic salt to taste. Cover and cook until cabbage is cooked or to your satisfaction, stirring occasionally.