Fajita Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable or canola oil
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breast-cut into small cubes
- 3 Tbsp
- fajita or taco seasoning-store bought or homemade
- 2 c
- finely diced onion
- bell peppers, diced (red, green or yellow)
- cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c
- chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 can(s)
- 15-oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- 4-oz diced green chiles
- 8 oz
- uncooked penne pasta (or rotini)
- 2 pinch
How to Make Fajita Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 1Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and toss with half of the fajita or taco seasoning.
- 2In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. When the oil is very hot, carefully add chicken pieces in a single layer and cook without stirring until one side is nicely browned, about 1-2 minutes. Turn chicken to the other side and cook until browned. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside.
- 3Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet with the heat still on high. When the oil is hot again, add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining fajita or taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are slightly blackened. Turn heat to low, add minced garlic, and stir about 30 seconds. Remove the veggies to the plate with the chicken.
- 4Add broth, cream, diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, uncooked pasta, and salt to the skillet. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 5Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet. Stir to combine and heat on medium-low for about 2 minutes.
- 6Place on a serving platter and dig in! Very easy meal, but tons of flavor and very delicious!