Fabulous Cornbread Stuffing
- 16 oz
- bag cornbread stuffing mix
- 9 1/4 oz
- bag fritos (or 2 cups crushed)
- 1 large
- onion, roughly chopped
- 5 ribs
- celery, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth, plus extra to moisten
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Fabulous Cornbread Stuffing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat a 3 quart dish with cooking spray.
Place stuffing in a large bowl.
Crush Fritos in a food processor, remove and add to bowl.
Add onions and celery to processor and finely chop. Remove and add to bowl with herbs and mix well.
Add both cans of broth to bowl.
Pour mixture into baking dish.
Bake 45 minutes to one hour.
Add extra broth, if necessary, to moisten during baking.
Top should be golden brown.
- 2**Add cooked chicken pieces to mixture before baking for a great chicken and dressing casserole.