Fabulous Chicken Salad
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We love the addition of coleslaw to this salad... It makes it extra creamy and delicious. The Test Kitchen
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 32 oz
- low salt, fat free chicken broth
- stalks celery, minced
- small white onion, minced
- 1 c
- seedless red grapes, quartered
- granny smith apple, diced
- 3/4 c
- 3/4 c
- kraft 1-step coleslaw maker
- 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Fabulous Chicken Salad
- 1Place chicken breasts in large pot with chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked. Cool slightly and then either shred or cut into small chunks.
- 2Meanwhile, combine minced celery and onion, quartered grapes, diced apples, mayonnaise, coleslaw maker, and curry powder and mix well. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste. (I do not use any salt in this recipe--only freshly ground pepper; you can also increase the curry powder to 3/4 teaspoon if you wish a stronger flavor).
- 3Fold shredded or cut up chicken into mayonnaise mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend. Keep refrigerated.