Everything stir fried rice
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin plus extra if needed.
3 ccold cooked rice (cal rose works best) from chinese food
1/2 -1 ccooked chicken diced to small cubes
5-6uncooked shrimp ( optional)
2hot sausage links (louisiana or portuguese or kilbasa) diced
2large carrots pealed and diced
2stalks celery with leaves ok diced
1/2 cpeas, frozen petite
3 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
How to Make Everything stir fried rice
- Clean and was and dice your veggies. Chop chicken, devain and de shell shrimp then dice, dice sausage. Measure peas crack eggs and wisk together in a cup. Set aside. Take rice from the fridg
You should have all of this prep done and in small piles.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil to med high heat. When oil is hot, add onion, carrots, celery, stir until onion is translucent, add assuage continue cooking until sausage starts to brown slightly.
- Add rice into pan with veggies, sausage mixture, you will need to break up the clumps and stir untill the rice has separated, about 5 minutes, add frozen peas if you need to add a little olive oil to help fry the rice pour in about a tablespoone. Add chicken to the rice mixture stir, add shrimp, stir fry on med high heat until all is wll mixed and hot.
- When the mixture looks well cooked push all of the rice mixture to to outside edges, leaving the pand exposed in the center with the rice mixture all along the edges. Createi g a rice ring so to speak
- Take the egg mixture and pour into the pan on the center of the rice ring you just created. Scramble these egs this should be very quick. Once you have scrambled eggs stir everything in the pan together.
- Add soy sauce over mixture and stir to combine. This will also de glaze the pan at the same time. Soy sauce is to taste. I add just enought to make the rice have a slight brown tint. Everyone can add their own on their plate..
- NOTE: I use leftover rice from Chinese take out that has been the fridg over night. You can also make steamed white rice but just make sure that you refrigerate it until cold before adding to the stir FYI.
Other things you can add are spam, beef, fish, anything you have as leftovers in the way of protine.