★★★★★ 1 vote5
- bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (they'll stay more moist)
- 2 c
- chicken broth (not bouillon)
- 8 oz
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 oz
- sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- 12 oz
- jar medium salsa (or to your taste)
- 29 oz
- can tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 tsp
- warm cooking oil
- corn tortillas
How to Make Everybody loves Enchiladas
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Poach chicken lightly in broth – do NOT boil. (Use broth for another recipe.) Bone, skin, and shred meat. Mix with cheese and sour cream, and set aside.
- 2Heat 2 T olive oil in a large skillet. Stir-fry onion, garlic and oregano, just until onion is translucent. Do not brown. Add salsa, tomato sauce and salt, and simmer until thickened.
- 3Spread 1/4 c. of salsa mix on the bottom of 9 x 13'' pan,
Dip tortillas in separate warm oil, one by one, to soften. Dip a tortilla in salsa mix, lay on a board, and top with 1/4 c. of chicken mix across the middle. Roll it up,and lay it seam-side down in the prepared pan.
Repeat until chicken is gone.
Cover all with the rest of the salsa mix.
- 4Bake 20 minutes. Serve with cooked or Spanish rice, and refried beans on the side.