ESTRAGON GESCHNETZELTES IN RAHM (TARRAGON RAGOUT)
Recipe & Photo: about.com
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 lb
- pork loin - or - boneless skinless chicken
- 1 Tbsp
- shallots, minced
- 3/4 c
- dry white wine (may use white grape juice or apple juice)
- 1 c
- light cream or whipping cream
- 2 tsp
- dried tarragon
- salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make ESTRAGON GESCHNETZELTES IN RAHM (TARRAGON RAGOUT)
- 1Cut the pork or chicken into thin, 2- to 3-inch strips. Melt the butter in a skillet and brown the meat. Add the minced shallots when the meat is cooked halfway.
- 2When the meat is no longer pink, add the wine and cook to reduce by 1/3. Add tarragon. Add the cream and cook until sauce is further reduced by 1/3. Taste the sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Serve over noodles or over boiled or mashed potatoes.
- 4NOTE: Reducing a liquid is mostly guesswork. Simmer, uncovered, until it appears to be 1/3 less than it was before.