★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 tspsalt, divided
2chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
3 tspfreshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cbreadcrumbs (freshly made or packaged)
2 tspgarlic powder
1 ccheese spread, garlic and herb
How to Make Eggplant Chicken Stackers
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice the eggplant into 4 slices. Place in a colander in the sink and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken breasts in two. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- In a cast iron skillet, mix breadcrumbs and garlic. Place over the grill, watching constantly, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and toasted (5 minutes). Set aside.
- Grill the chicken about 10 minutes on each side, until fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, grill the eggplant about 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- In the breadcrumb skillet on the grill, cook the tomatoes until slightly wilted.
- To make a stacker, place one slice of eggplant down. Top with cheese. Top with two slices of tomato. Top with chicken. Top with 2 slices of tomato. Repeat with the second slice of eggplant, cheese, tomato, chicken, ending with tomato. Top with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Repeat for remaining eggplant and chicken. Serve immediately.