★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 tsp
- salt, divided
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 tsp
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 c
- breadcrumbs (freshly made or packaged)
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 c
- cheese spread, garlic and herb
How to Make Eggplant Chicken Stackers
- 1Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Slice the eggplant into 4 slices. Place in a colander in the sink and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Let sit 5 minutes.
- 3Slice the chicken breasts in two. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- 4In a cast iron skillet, mix breadcrumbs and garlic. Place over the grill, watching constantly, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and toasted (5 minutes). Set aside.
- 5Grill the chicken about 10 minutes on each side, until fully cooked.
- 6While the chicken is cooking, grill the eggplant about 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- 7In the breadcrumb skillet on the grill, cook the tomatoes until slightly wilted.
- 8To make a stacker, place one slice of eggplant down. Top with cheese. Top with two slices of tomato. Top with chicken. Top with 2 slices of tomato. Repeat with the second slice of eggplant, cheese, tomato, chicken, ending with tomato. Top with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- 9Repeat for remaining eggplant and chicken. Serve immediately.