Eggnog Monte Cristos
Recipe may sound complicated -but it's not really just a lot of explain' Lucy! hee-hee.
- 2 Tbsp
- honey mustard
- 2 Tbsp
- 9 slice
- white sandwiches bread,crust removed*
- 4 slice
- swiss cheese
- 2 slice
- gouda cheese*
- 6 slice
- leftover turkey or deli turkey
- 6 slice
- leftover ham or deli smoked ham
- 1/2 c
- 1 pinch
- each nutmeg and cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for dusting, if desired
- cranberry sauce, for serving*
How to Make Eggnog Monte Cristos
- 1Note: all asterisks* are new to this recipe on page 93 of book #3 You ordered from me for 8 dollars.
Mix the mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl . Lay out 3 slices of the crust-less bread. Brush each slice with some of the mixture.
Top each slice with 1 slice each of the Swiss cheese, turkey, ham and 1/2 slice of gouda. Cover with another slice of bread and brush with mixture; top each sandwich with another slice each as above..Brush the remaining 3 bread slices with the mixture and place mustard side down on top of the sandwiches.
- 2Wrap each sandwich tightly with plastic wrap, to keep them compact.(squished) Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- 3Whisk eggnog, nutmeg, vanilla,sugar,and cinnamon in a shallow dish or pie plate. Unwrap the sandwiches and dip in the eggnog mixture, turning to coat both sides throughly.
Melt 1/2 the butter in a large nonstick skillet or electric skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until they are golden. 3-4 minutes. Add remaining butter, flip the sandwiches and brown until golden, about 3 more minutes.
Cut sandwiches into quarters. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with heated cranberry sauce for dipping.