Easy Street Tacos
- 2 can(s)
- (6 oz each) canned chicken breast, drained
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- taco shells
- 8 oz
- shredded cheese (e.g., colby-jack, cheddar)
- limes, cut in quarters
- 2 c
- lettuce, shredded
- 1 c
- tomatoes, fresh, diced
- 1/2 c
- onions, diced
- 1/2 c
- picante sauce or salsa
How to Make Easy Street Tacos
- 1Add drained chicken to a small non-stick skillet and turn heat on low.
- 2Add taco seasoning to chicken and stir gently until spices are evenly distributed. Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer on low while preparing/chopping toppings.
- 3When ready to serve, place taco shells on a cookie sheet or in a baking pan and fill each shell with 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture.
- 4Top chicken with a splash of lime juice, shredded cheese and onion. Bake tacos in 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes (watch carefully, the shells will burn easily).
- 5Remove tacos from oven, let cool a couple of minutes, then top with salsa, tomatoes, and lettuce. Can also add a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- 6Suggestion: Serve immediately with a side of Mexican rice, guacamole & chips, or chili beans.