Easy Street Tacos
2 can(s)(6 oz each) canned chicken breast, drained
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
8 ozshredded cheese (e.g., colby-jack, cheddar)
2limes, cut in quarters
2 clettuce, shredded
1 ctomatoes, fresh, diced
1/2 conions, diced
1/2 cpicante sauce or salsa
How to Make Easy Street Tacos
- Add drained chicken to a small non-stick skillet and turn heat on low.
- Add taco seasoning to chicken and stir gently until spices are evenly distributed. Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer on low while preparing/chopping toppings.
- When ready to serve, place taco shells on a cookie sheet or in a baking pan and fill each shell with 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture.
- Top chicken with a splash of lime juice, shredded cheese and onion. Bake tacos in 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes (watch carefully, the shells will burn easily).
- Remove tacos from oven, let cool a couple of minutes, then top with salsa, tomatoes, and lettuce. Can also add a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Suggestion: Serve immediately with a side of Mexican rice, guacamole & chips, or chili beans.