Easy peasy chicken chow mein
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2small chicken breast
1/2large cabbage head
3 Tbspcorn starch
1/2 csoy sauce
2 cchicken stock
How to Make Easy peasy chicken chow mein
- Cut 1/2 head of cabbage and onions in thin strips.
- Cut chicken breast in half crosswise and then cut into thin strips about 1 1/2 -2 inch long
- Mix corn starch with chicken broth
- Heat oil in wok add garlic and chicken season with ginger and sliced onions cook until chicken is done
- If using a skillet not a wok you will have to pour chicken into a bowl to re add after cooking cabbage down.
If wok. Add cabbage to chicken and 1 cup of water stirring from bottom.
Once cabbage has cooked down to 1/2 of precooked size re add chicken if in skillet
- Add soy sauce and the corn starch stock mixture ...stir often.. if the liquid is to sparse add a bit more water you can make it as saucy as you like. The cabbage will add a bit of fluid so I wait until its cooked down before adding if needed. Usually you won't need more than 2 cups of water total.
- Cook until sauce has thickend and cabbage is desired crispness. We like ours pretty done through.
- Serve with rice or chow mien noodles.